The Cave de la Pinède was founded in 1988 by graduate oenologist FH and winegrower/maker Yves Zen Ruffinen in Pfyn, Valais. The Turrilji estate, owned by the Zen Ruffinen family for several hundred years, is a ten-hectare estate in the heart of the Pfyn-Finges Nature Park, one of the largest protected pine forests in the Alps. A granite obelisk commemorating the Battle of Pfyn in 1799 stands on a wooded hill on the estate, visible from far off. Vines have been growing on the sun-drenched stony slopes of this hill for centuries.
In addition to wine-growing, the family business also includes arable farming (rye) and meadows rich in wild flowers, all managed since 1989 in compliance with integrated production standards.
Work on the vines is performed in harmony with nature in accordance with the guidelines of VITISWISS (Swiss Association for Sustainable Development in Viticulture). In autumn, the estate’s own grapes are vinified in the winery. Vinification and bottling is carried out on the premises under the “VINATURA – Sustainable Development” label, a guarantee for natural wines.